Milestones 1987 to Present
- AmFirst Insurance Company was approved in the state of California on April 3, 2017 to sell disability insurance, which includes all types of health insurance.
- On June 8, 2017, A.M. Best affirmed the Financial Strength Rating (FSR) of A- (Excellent) and the Long-Term Issuer Credit Ratings (Long-Term ICR) of “a-” of AmFirst Insurance Company (AmFirst) (Oklahoma City, OK) and its wholly owned subsidiary, Monitor Life Insurance Company of New York (Monitor Life) (Utica, NY). The outlook of these Credit Ratings (ratings) remains stable.
- Additionally, A.M. Best also affirmed the FSR of B++ (Good) and the Long-Term ICR of “bbb+” of TPM Life Insurance Company (TPM) (Lancaster, PA), a wholly owned subsidiary of AmFirst Insurance Company.
- AFS Service Company was formed in Puerto Rico on August 7, 2017 to provide customer service and sales support to both our domestic and international insurance clients.
- AmFirst Insurance Company was approved in the state of Hawaii on August 8, 2017 to sell life insurance and disability insurance, which includes all types of health insurance.
- AmFirst Life Insurance Company, I.I., formerly AmFirst Ltd., was formed in Puerto Rico in September to provide life, dental, vision, disability, medical, savings, and investment opportunities to policyholders in Latin America, Asia, and the Caribbean. AmFirst Life received its license on December 5, 2017.
- "A" Rating from A.M. Best: May 23rd, 2016, AmFirst Insurance Company, and its wholly owned subsidiary, Monitor Life Insurance Company of New York, received rating upgrades from A.M. Best. A.M. Best upgraded the financial strength rating to A- (Excellent) and the issuer credit ratings to “a-” of AmFirst Insurance Company (AmFirst) (Oklahoma City, OK) and its wholly owned subsidiary, Monitor Life Insurance Company of New York (Monitor Life) (Utica, NY). The outlook for each rating is stable.
- In addition, A.M. Best assigned the financial strength rating of B++ (Good) and the issuer credit ratings of “bbb+” to TPM Life Insurance Company (TPM) (Lancaster, PA), a wholly owned subsidiary of AmFirst. The outlook assigned to each rating is stable.
- December 2016, MWG International, a Coverholder of Lloyd's, London, opened an office in Montego Bay, Jamaica. This will be the second Caribbean office for MWG International. The first, which opened in 2015, is shared with New Providence Life Insurance Company, located in Nassau, Bahamas.
- Purchase of new corporate headquarters in Ridgeland, Ms. Completion expected in 2018.
- Morgan White was once again honored by Inc 5000 as one of the Top 30 Fastest Growing Private Insurance Companies
- Our close insurance partner, AmFirst Insurance Company, acquired New Providence Life (Nassau, Bahamas) and TPM Life (Lancaster, PA)
- Morgan White was recognized by Mississippi Business Journal as one of the state’s Healthiest Workplaces
- MWG Employer Services expanded its operations to Madisonville, LA.
- Morgan-White, LTD rebranded as MWG Broker Services.
- MWG has completely redesigned online individual enrollment
- Morgan White Group was listed in Inc. Magazine in the Top 30 Fastest Growing Companies in the insurance industry (based on annual sales revenue). It ranks #7 in the magazine’s list of the 500 Fastest Growing Agencies in the state.
- Morgan White Group created the International Disability Quoter which allows brokers to provide group and individual quotes on disability and critical illness insurance in less than two minutes in over thirty counties through four carriers. This is a one-of-a-kind service in Latin America and the Caribbean.
- Thomas E. Mestmaker and Associates, Inc., located in Bakersfield, CA, became a subsidiary of Morgan White Group. Resulting in the addition of eight employees to the MWG family.
- Morgan White Group was recognized in the Mississippi Business Journal as #46 on the list of Top 100 Mississippi Based Private Companies
- MWG Broker Services, the brokerage division of Morgan White Group, had the highest sales in the company’s history. The two flagship products, the Premium Saver and Dental for Everyone, led the way, followed by our group dental and vision products.
- MWG developed a Medicare Supplement Quote Engine that is used by both consumers and agents in search of Medigap rates. This system provides quotes in 47 states with over 25 insurance companies in less than 2 minutes.
- MorganWhite Group acquired 51% ownership in Medigap Insurance Specialists. MIS is dedicated to the Medicare Supplement market and operates out of Tampa Bay, Florida.
- MWG was featured in the September 2012 issue of Inc. Magazine for being selected as one of the Top 30 fastest growing companies in the insurance industry based on annual sales revenue. Top 5000 across all industries/Top 30 Insurance.
- Morgan White Group was recognized in the MS Business Journal as #43 in the list of Top 100 Mississippi Based Private Companies. MWG has made the list for the last 6 years and moved up from #44 last year.
- MWG sponsored a team to support St. Jude in the Memphis Marathon Weekend for the second year in a row. The team consisted of approximately 20 people and over the last two years has raised over $23,000 for the kids of St. Jude; runners and walkers participated in the 5k, half-marathon, and full marathon competition.
- In 2012, MorganWhite Administrators International became the second oldest international division in Latin America and the Caribbean.
- In January of 2011, MWG Broker Services expanded by opening an office in Utica NY.
- MWG Benefits, Inc. rebranded as MWG Employer Services. The new name better describes the services offered to clients and prospects that go beyond employee health insurance and other benefits.
- To keep pace with MWG’s expansion to over 180 employees the current headquarters was running out of room, so a purchase was made of an 8000 sq. ft. office space less than a quarter of a mile from the existing headquarters. In January of 2011, the Executive, Accounting, and MWG Employer Services divisions moved into this remodeled building at 6040 I-55 North. At the same time, the front of the building at 5712 I-55 north was remodeled and expanded by 2,000 square feet. This became the new home of MWG Broker Services.
- In March, MWG purchased 50% of Independent Pension Solutions (IPS) with intents of expanding the organization’s administration business. IPS, located in Jackson, MS, is a retirement plan administrator catering to small companies.
- At 5712 I-55 North, MWG has constructed Grace Training Center. It is a state of the art, 5,000 sq. ft. training facility built to provide the highest level of training and technology for MWG employees.
- MWG was featured in the September 2011 issue of Inc. Magazine for being selected as one of the Top 50 fastest growing companies in the insurance industry based on annual sales revenue. Top 5000 across all industries/Top 50 Insurance.
- MWG Risk Managers, a new Property and Casualty Division of MorganWhite, commenced operations at the beginning of the 4th quarter. MWG Risk Managers provides Malpractice and E&O coverages for various organizations.
- In the October 2011 issue of the MS Business Journal, MorganWhite Group was ranked #44 in the list of the Top 100 Mississippi based private companies. Rankings were determined by dollar amount of annual sales revenue.
- To wrap up 2011, MWG sponsored a team to support St. Jude in the Memphis Marathon Weekend. The team consisted of over 55 people and raised over $16,000 for the kids of St. Jude; runners and walkers participated in the 5k, half-marathon, and full marathon competition.
- In the beginning of 2010, MWG purchased 51% of Crema Design Studio a graphic design company located in Ridgeland, MS. Crema can best be described as the happy medium between the high-end advertising agencies and freelance designers.
- At the end of the 2nd quarter, MorganWhite Administrators International, Inc. increased the size of their office space again in Miami to 11,400 square feet. This was the second expansion for the international operations in a 3 year time period.
- In the October 2010 issue of the MS Business Journal, MorganWhite Group was ranked #57 in the list of the Top 100 Mississippi based private companies. Rankings were determined by dollar amount of annual sales revenue.
- MWG expanded to over 150 employees.
- In May of 2009, MorganWhite Administrators International, Inc. in Miami increased their office space by 2200 square feet to 8400 and completely remodeled their total office space.
- Morgan White Group was featured in the June 22, 2009 issue of Forbes Magazine for being selected by Goldline Research as one of The Ten Most Dependable Insurance Professionals in the United States.
- InsuranceLockBox.com was launched in the spring of 2009.
- Morgan White Group, Inc. was ranked 57th in the Mississippi Business Journal’s list of the Top 100 Mississippi based private companies. Rankings were determined by dollar amount of annual sales revenue.
- Morgan White Group, Inc. was recognized by the Mississippi Business Journal as one of Mississippi’s Fast 40. The Fast 40 program honors the state’s 40 most dynamic privately-owned businesses for their contributions to the growth and success of the entire community.
- Morgan White Group was featured in the August 11, 2008 issue of Forbes Magazine for being selected by Goldline Research as one of The Ten Most Dependable Insurance Professionals of the Central United States.
- New dental and supplemental medical products were introduced and well received by the market. Each of these new products will enhance the lives of our customers by giving them insurance choices not previously available.
- Morgan White Group, Inc. was ranked 73rd in the Mississippi Business Journal’s list of the Top 100 Mississippi based private companies. Rankings were determined by dollar amount of annual sales revenue.
- On March 7, 2007, Morgan White Group, Inc. moved into its new headquarters building at 5722 I-55 North Frontage Road, In Jackson, Mississippi. This new building has been equipped with the state of the art technology for insurance services and administration.
- Also on March 7, 2007, MWG Employer Services, Inc. moved into its new home office building, next door to the new MWG headquarters, at 5712 I-55 North Frontage Road in Jackson.
- Morgan White Group, Inc. was ranked 76th in the Mississippi Business Journal’s list of the Top 100 Mississippi based private companies. Rankings were determined by dollar amount of annual sales revenue.
- MorganWhite Group, Inc. recognized the need for a senior products division and formed our senior benefits agency, MWG Senior Services, Inc. With baby boomers all coming to age 65 in the next ten years, the company believes this agency will come to represent a large revenue producer for MWG.
- Morgan White Group, Inc. was ranked 83rd in the Mississippi Business Journal’s list of the Top 100 Mississippi based private companies. Rankings were determined by dollar amount of annual sales revenue.
- MorganWhite Group's Board of Directors made the decision to divide MorganWhite, Ltd., the group’s oldest corporation, into two new entities.
- MWG Benefits, Inc. was the name given to the agency and direct sales division of the company. MWG Benefits serves employer groups and individuals throughout Mississippi and the surrounding states.
- MWG Marketing was the name given to the brokerage division of the company. MWG Marketing is the distribution channel for proprietary products developed by MWG to brokers in all 50 states. MWG’s proprietary products are underwritten by some of the largest and most well known insurance companies in the country.
- MorganWhite Reinsurance Intermediaries, Inc. was formed. With reinsurance markets in turmoil since the events of September 11, 2001, MorganWhite felt it could help insurance companies solve their reinsurance needs by contributing their vast experience gained through working with the world’s top reinsurers.
- Johnny Morgan and David White were given the opportunity to buy back the MorganWhite operating companies they founded, when MRI was purchased by Houston Casualty Company, a large publicly traded, insurance holding company. They took the opportunity, and this purchase was made by Morgan White Group, Inc., which is now the holding company for all of the MorganWhite operating companies.
- All of the operating companies of Morgan White Group were purchased by Marshall Rattner, Inc. of Mount Kisco, New York, in April of 2000. Marshall Rattner, Inc.'s main operating company, Professional Indemnity Agency, is a well known underwriting manager of specialized insurance products. (See PIA's website at www.piaint.com.)
- MorganWhite Administrators, Inc., the domestic third-party administrator for the group, was founded and is now licensed or approved to do business in all 50 states and the U.S. Virgin Island and Puerto Rico. MWA presently has contracts for administration with over 50 different U.S. insurers and an emphasis on consolidated billing, policy issuance and collection of premiums.
- MorganWhite Administrators International, Inc. began to administer major medical policies for insurers in Latin America. Prior to that time, the policies were administered by outside subcontractors. Today MWG International, which is located in Miami, Florida, is recognized as one of the most efficient and trusted third-party administrators in the International medical insurance field.
- Mississippi Risk Management, Inc. (now MorganWhite Underwriters, Inc.), was founded as the group's property and casualty agency. This company began as a manager for self-funded worker's compensation groups.
- John J. Morgan and David R. White founded Morgan White Group, Inc. The business started out primarily focusing on payroll deduction supplemental insurance products.